Thursday, December 2, 2010

My dream last night

I had an extremely passionate dream last night. It also seemed to last for much of the morning time of my rest. As i begin to remember and write it, I pray the Lord will guide my heart and my mind, so that i can remember what i experienced last night.

Interesting enough, as i began to tell my wife about the dream on the way to work, she explained to me that she woke up last night at 4:30am, wide awake, and did not go back to sleep til sunrise. So she prayed intensely for our family and others, which was most certainly around the time i was in the mist of my dreaming. Glory to God for a praying wife.

What i believe was a prophetic dream...

I was traveling in a city. I cannot say that it is a place that i have been before, however it was familiar. As i walked through the crowd, i was suddenly moved into years later in that same spot. The brick buildings that were so prominent in my first reality were broken, decayed, obviously something drastic had happened during these 2 time periods.

The other new reality was that i was not alone, i had someone with me. Better stated, though i walked beside him, it was him leading our team.

As we entered one of these buildings, i felt very sure i had been her before. The building was much like a large warehouse, with all sorts of closets, offices, and rooms off of it. All of it very dirty, very worn and broken.

Initially i remember a great empty room, as we moved through it around a brick wall, we met the first few people. They were definitely human beings, however there was a "zombie" like presence about them. I drew my sword of light quickly (not light saberish, more like a rod of pure light). It was almost instantaneous as we would be approached by these beings, our heart would break for them, some would seem to come alive and recognize us. If they did, then it was like family had come alive again, and there was much peace, and they joined us as we moved forward. On the other hand, others seemed aggravated to our presence and stayed in their zombie like trance. A few times as i would prepare to attack these aggravated beings and my travel partner would stay my hand, and his eyes would meet theirs and they would come out of the trance. It was a beauty and grace i cannot describe well, even now.

The ones that did not come out of the trance, I attacked with the sword of light, and defeated. I cannot say where they went when i defeated them, but they dissipated completely. What i can say is that each time they did not come back to human form, and i was forced to defeat them, i was hurting both during and after the fighting. Although i felt deeply for the loss i was experiencing, my counterpart was more broken than i for each one. And yet each time, we moved forward to the next crowd of people.

This process of moving through the building meeting crowds of beings, and using the sword of light, lasted for a long time. Eventually, we entered into one of the rooms off of the second main room. At which point we met what i knew to be the enemy. I neither feared him, nor was scared to speak to him. As we prepared to enter into what i assumed was his office, he made me take a pair of silver crosses attached to the top of my shoes off. At my travel partners approval I did so, and we moved into the room with him. As we entered, i noted what seemed to be a very long dark hallway with hundreds of doors behind him.

As we sat down facing the enemy, i realized that my travel partner was the Christ. The enemy was slick. He was dressed well, and spoke well. At moments his speech was tempting. He spoke to both the Christ and myself. He was telling us how late we were in this, and that our losses on the way to him were great. It felt as if he was trying to convince himself and us that he was winning this particular battle.

More than once in this discussion as the enemy would speak directly to me, i would hear the Christ speak to me as well, with the words to answer him. The enemy had no idea that the Christ was doing this, and became more and more aggravated at my strong responses to him. Also more than once i watched the Christ correct or remind the enemy of something. His words were strong as a bullhorn, and yet soft as a whisper.

At some point the conversation began to wind down, and the enemy in one last ditch effort looked right at me and said, "i see that he does not fear me, but you, i believe you fear me" at which point i stated to him "I fear the Lord and the Lord alone." It was one of those moments where truly i was scared, and yet in boldness i moved forward. At that the enemy was gone, and we were left standing side by side once again headed down the hallway.

This is how i remember the dream ending, and i woke up very rested and full of peace.

As Jess and I spoke this morning about it, the one reality that come to mind immediately was that the enemy wanted us to believe that this city was already defeated. Yet in a very short time we had seen many that had been deceived by the enemy, and the world's trance had come out of it, and there was much joy. And that there were still hundreds of rooms filled with hundreds more beings that needed to experience the presence of the Christ.

No comments: