Saturday, January 21, 2012

Stay On The Path

Like i am sure a few do, i tend to find plenty of quiet time while on the elliptical.  So i devour the scriptures and then worship a bit.


This morning, i was given a gift.  The Lord provided me with a vision.  I was a 5yr old child, and was walking on a narrow dirt path.  In front of me 20-30 feet was the Lord.  He was in all white, brilliant, yet not overwhelming.  I ran to catch up to him, as fast as my little legs would allow.


As i reached him I joyfully danced around Him, like a small boy does when they are telling their dad about an amazing adventure they were just on.  As I danced and ran around Him, He continued to look on me with gracious, loving eyes.  His face was so kind.  


Then He grabs my hand and brings me to a stop, He comes down on one knee and looks me in the eyes.  His face turned to one of warning. Though i could not hear what he said, I was understanding none the less. He kept pointing towards the narrow path we had been walking on, looking ahead.  It is then that I saw, large wolves on either side of the path.  Not just 2 in one place, but up the path quite aways, I would see them pop their heads towards the path and then run off.  The one thing I knew from Jesus words was that "no matter what" I was not to leave the path. 


I then asked Jesus a question, assuming i was alone with Him, "Jesus what about all your children, how can I reach them if i just stay on the path?" It was at that moment that i looked ahead again, and there around me were hundreds of thousands of children, all dancing in full joy around Jesus.  And yet all were in full joy, but on the path. It was not chaotic at all, instead very peaceful, and right.


As I wondered at this sight, and joined in, I noticed that along the path ahead there was a clear (almost bubble like) wall between the path and either side.  As i danced, I would see a child come through the bubble and into the path with us. Joining in immediately with the rest of us in the dance.


I then understood from Jesus what he was saying.  If i stay on the path, my life, in full child like joy, will attract those who have yet chosen the path. So I continued to dance.


This time, I began to look back to see who else was coming on the path, again there were children as far as the eye could see dancing around, I could also see some coming through the bubble wall onto the path.  However, Jesus again grabbed my hand, this time I could hear what He said, and He did not need to get down on my level. "Don't look back, your life's worship of me attracts for eternity. Long after you have passed the point you are at on the path, other children will be attracted to the path by your worship.  However, you are to stay focused on the now, and the future. There is nothing you can do to effect what has happened earlier on the path, that is for me to care for."


So once again i returned to dancing around Him, and enjoying walking on the path. It was an amazing end to the vision.

I am reminded of Romans 12: 1+2 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

As you live today on the path, may you find the child like faith enjoy the dance, and be fully present. Not worrying about yesterday, but instead focused on Him now and forever. Whatever you do, "Stay on the Path."




No comments: