Thursday, July 5, 2007

07.05.07 - CC Uganda Blog #4


It feels as if my body is going to collapse on itself. Every bone, joint and muscle wanted me to lie down and sleep. With four to five hours of sleep a night and a sweet crash going through my body I would usually agree, but I couldn’t. With 1500 Ugandan and Kenyan children wanting to accept God, it was a sacrifice that was worth every second. To see them rise from their seats and dance for the Lord. Every time I step off the bus for another school, a switch is flipped. All aches, pains, and drowsyness are washed away.
The energy starts to flow, the room become brighter, the felling is impossible to mistake for something other than the Holy Spirit. The sight of all the children smiling and having a good time, it’s a wonderful sight. For the first time in my life, I’ve witnessed what true poverty looks like. We wish we could all fix it now. Make their lives better, fix their homes, give them the shillings they need so that they cold all have a hot meal, but with the short time we’re here it’s just a wish, but God will do something with our wishes. He always does, God has blessed us. God gives us humility. He forgives and loves. Amen.
Love you mom, dad and sis – John Colley

No comments: